Dinner woes

I am not a big fan of cooking. And I will look for any reason not to cook dinner. Like how it was really hot last night. Too hot to cook dinner. So we ordered pizza. And buffalo wings.

Now we don't usually order buffalo wings. But my husband loves them and I needed to bribe him in order for him to agree to take-out.

So whenever we are eating we put our year old Australian Shepherd, Fiona, in her playpen. Yesterday was no exception. When we were finished eating, I let her out. Same as always.

Only this time wasn't the same as always. This time we had buffalo wings, remember? Well I didn't. Until ten minutes later, and by that time she had already eaten the bones out of the garbage.

This wasn't my first rodeo. Fiona's predecessor was a garbage picking entrepreneur. I quickly got out the syringe I keep handy for occasions just like these, and poured some hydrogen peroxide into a glass.

I filled the syringe, gave it to Fiona and waited for the vomiting to begin. (I passed the time by passionately yelling at my husband about the importance of proper bone disposal.)

Fiona tossed her cookies a few times and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Hours later I was getting ready for bed. My nightly routine includes taking my probiotic and multigreens with any water cup floaters my kids have left around. Which is usually a lot because my 3 year old loves filling cups from our Berkey water filter.

I pop a multigreen in my mouth and pick up a glass on the counter. I begin to take a sip and as the liquid hits my lips I stop. Not today, peroxide. Not today.

Image may contain: indoor

Comments

Popular Posts