This is 35

Throughout my life, I've noticed that a lot of 30+ people don't "do rides." Like when I was a kid and my parents would give me lame excuses as to why they wouldn't go on anything. "It makes me dizzy." "I don't want to feel sick." "It will hurt my back." "I'm pregnant."

Lame.

I loved rides - the more intense the better. And I vowed that I would never turn into an anti-rider. I vowed the same for my husband.

Only a funny thing happened shortly after his 32nd birthday - he started being more cautious. And infuriating me. "I'm going to skip Aerosmith's Rockin Roller Coaster, I just ate... two hours ago." ðŸ¤¨

This made me dig my heels in even more to my conviction that I would not be lame, even if I was surrounded by disappointing company.

So being the cool mom I am, I enjoy loading my kids in the car and taking them to theme parks, even if I have to go by myself. Because I'm that motivated. And I'll go on anything. (Except those swings that twirl around a post. I don't have a death wish.)

Yesterday I took the girls and one of their friends to a local amusement park. (By myself, because that's how I roll.) We went on every single ride once, then had ice cream. It was getting kind of late, but I promised the girls that they could do their favorites again.

My 3 year old chose the Tilt-A-Whirl. So my little and I went in one car, and my 8 year old and her friend in another. My little and I had a blast. We twirled this way and that, fast and slow, we laughed, we woo'd, it was great. Then we got off and she begged to do it again.

Normally I would have said no and encouraged her to choose something different. Only the older girls were asking me to do it again too. Their car "didn't spin at all. like not at all." So I agreed.

I know the key to not getting dizzy on rides. You have to spin both ways. A few spins clockwise, then a few counterclockwise, etc. The Tilt-A-Whirl knows this too and usually complies. But not this time. This time it just kept going round and round and round clockwise. For about 3 minutes.

I got off and found myself a bench in the shade. There I sat, sipping on water, oiling and feeling lame. And I realized #thisis35

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and shoes

Comments

Popular Posts