The parking spot

So a very typical thing happened at Target today that got me thinking - how does the average person react to situations such as this?

After finishing our shopping, the girls and I walked through the parking lot to our parked car. I noticed there was a black SUV obviously waiting for a spot. Next to my car was a man in his early twenties (picture Tony from 13 Reasons Why) who appeared to be getting out of his.

I put my kids in the car when I heard it. A sound that can best be described as a mix between road rage and mom-scolding.

A blond-haired woman, mid-forties (think Beverly from The Goldbergs), was standing in front of the guy next to me, wagging her finger at him and yelling. I stood there observing, curious how this would play out.

Here's what happened... Bev was waiting for a parking spot, when Tony sped in, "nearly killing a woman" and parked in exact spot she was waiting for. Tony smiled sheepishly and played dumb. He had no idea she waiting for the spot. He didn't even see a woman crossing the street. Etc.

This woman obviously has a heart of gold though, because her insult to this boy, made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes.

Are you imagining the scene? Now picture Bev pointing a hot pink nail at Tony and screaming "You are a rude boy!" repeatedly, while he looked at her amused and unaffected. ðŸ˜‚


I feel like at one point or another we have all had this happen. OUR spot, the spot we rightfully deserved was stolen from us. But how did you react?

Comments

Popular Posts